Amanda is a Lymphoedema Practitioner and Oncology Massage Therapist who is passionate about providing supportive bodywork and care for women during their treatment and recovery of breast cancer.
It is her mission to restore hope and peace of mind by empowering women to reconnect with their bodies, and be proactive with their own recovery. This has led to the creation of her own unique modality supporting women before and after the treatment of Breast Cancer.
Amanda embarked on her journey into the field of Oncology Massage, after working extensively with women and men during their cancer treatments and discovered the lack of support and modalities available to further support for conventional treatments.
Amanda was selected to take part in extensive hospital training within the palliative care and oncology wards at the Austin Hospital and Olivia Newton John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre, considered the gold standard in Cancer Care.
This hands on experience gave her a unique insight into how body work can be incorporated safely to assist people in living well with cancer independent of prognosis or stage of the disease.
After spending years fine tuning her work the birth of her own unique modality was created. A combination of integrative techniques such as Oncology Massage, Bone Marrow Support Sequence, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Ayurvedic Massage, Myofascial Release, scar care and somatic techniques helping clients be supported throughout their recovery.
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays by appointment at Bangalow House of Wellness.
First consultation is 90 mins includes treatment.
Health Fund Rebates Available.
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Decongestive Lymphatic Therapy Casley-Smith Method
- Manual Lymph Drainage – Vodder Academy International
- Oncology Massage Training Modules 1-2
- Breast Cancer Rehabilitation: Introduction to Assessment & Assessment After Mastectomy (2016)
- Oncology Massage Level 3-4 Practitioner: Clinical Oncology Massage, Advanced Hospital and Palliative Care Oncology Massage Training
- Integrating Scar Tissue into the Fascial Web
Ongoing Professional Development:
- Clinical Oncology Massage, Advanced Hospital and Palliative Care Oncology Massage Training at the Austin Hospital & Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia. (2017)
- Research Project: “The Relative Effectiveness of Negative Pressure Therapy on Adhesions after Breast Cancer Therapy.” (2016)
- Product Review of latest bandaging system for ongoing management of Secondary Lymphoedema and its symptoms. (2016)
- Asia Pacific Lymphology Conference Darwin Australia (2016)
- The Association of Massage Therapists (AMT)